Gerstell Academy Motto,
Leadership Principles and Leadership Attributes
Gerstell Academy expects all members of its community to behave in a manner that brings honor and credit to themselves, their families, and to the school. The following Motto and Leadership Principles are standards to which one should strive to promote an environment conducive to education and leadership development.
Gerstell Academy Motto
Leadership, Honor, Courage
Leadership: The dictionary defines leadership as "the capacity or ability to lead or guide others." Gerstell takes this definition a step further, defining leadership as "the art of positively influencing others to unite in a common direction and guiding them to improve themselves and their community."
Honor: At Gerstell, we believe honor is doing the right thing when no one is looking, regardless of the consequences. Students are taught what honor is and how to live honorably by acting in accordance with the Gerstell Academy Leadership Principles. Honor is integrated into the curriculum and daily life.
Courage: Courage at Gerstell is the ability to act in the face of fear. It is not to be fearless, but to learn how to demonstrate both physical and moral courage in the face of adversity. Our goal is to develop our students to be morally courageous: to do the right thing regardless of the pressure put on them.
Gerstell Academy Leadership Principles
- Respect your parents, your teachers, and those in authority.
- Be honest, ethical, moral and true to your word.
- Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Be courageous in the face of adversity.
- Strive for a positive attitude and to be civil at all times.
- Approach every endeavor with passion, conviction and persistence.
- Work to reach your full potential.
- Take full responsibility for your actions and their consequences.
- Be thankful for and generous with your time, talents and treasures.
- Humble yourself before Almighty God and respect the Divine Nature of life in the universe.
Additionally, Gerstell Academy expects all members of its community to adhere to a series of Leadership Attributes. The word 'Leadership' is used as a mnemonic device to assist students in remembering some of the important attributes required of a leader.
Gerstell Academy Leadership Attributes
Do the Right Thing